1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 10, 2009 7:58 AM by TSGal

FMSA 10 - Empty folders do not display under upload database

brianc_1

Summary

FMSA 10 - Empty folders do not display under upload database

Description of the issue

Mac OS X Server 10.4FMSA 10 (This bug did not exist in FMSA 9) Try this:- Upload database files.- Create a custom folder to upload these files into it.- Close these database files and remove them.- At this point custom folder that contained these files still exists.- When you attempt to re-upload the files into the same folder, the interface does not show the folder name in the list to select to re upload the files into. This provides an opportunity if a user is not careful to input a different folder name , thereby creating a new folder. If you have backup scripts linked to the original folder and somehow the above mistake is made, then your files will no longer be backed up. 

• 1. Re: FMSA 10 - Empty folders do not display under upload database
          TSGal

brianc:

Thank you for your post.

I was able to replicate the problem.  I have forwarded your post along with my findings (also Mac OS X 10.5.x and 10.6.1), to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments for review and confirmation.  As more information becomes available, I will post here.

Until this is changed, you may want to consider keeping a dummy file active in the sub-folder so it is always accessible. 

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.