6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2009 12:30 PM by TSGal

FMServer Warning 200 Client

user14691

Summary

FMServer Warning 200 Client

Description of the issue

We have recently installed Filemaker Server 10 and have all of our staff except for our database administrator on Filemaker Pro 10 volume license copies. When our database administrator tries to log  in (using Filemaker Pro 10 Advanced) into the FM server,  the server administrator receives the following error:FileMaker Server 10.0.1.64 on dbase.assoc-mgmt.com reported the following event:2009-03-31 10:03:45.285 -0500    Warning    200    dbase.assoc-mgmt.com    Client "(User's MacBook Pro) [209.234.75.XXX]" denied access because the license key is already in use by client "User Name (User's MacBook Pro) [192.168.1.198]". And the database administrator gets the following warning before being shut out of filemaker temporarily:   When the server checks for licensing information, it sees that she has connected via the external IP, but if she is in the building, she is also on the server's subnet and it sees her as a different user.  She is also getting the same error when connecting via the internal IP, if she opens multiple databases.  While we can understand that connecting via the internal IP is a viable workaround temporarily, that would only be because she is the database administrator.  It is next to impossible to advise and expect our users to connect to the server using one IP address when they are IN the building, and another when they are OUT of the building.Does anyone know of any fix for this error?

• 1. Re: FMServer Warning 200 Client
          user14691

I realized I forgot to include a few additional key items

Filemaker Products Involved:

Filemaker Server 10

Filemaker Pro 10 Advanced

Operating Systems Involved

Administrator Operating System -  Mac OS X Version 10.5.6

Server Operating System - Mac OS X Server Version 10.5.6

Additional Details in previous post on exact problem.

• 2. Re: FMServer Warning 200 Client
            TSGal

KBanasiakwork:

Thank you for your post.

A volume license enables a set amount of users to use the same license key.  When that limit is reached, an error message appears just like the one you received.  Also, if you have a volume license for a particular license key, it may not apply to a different license key.  In your case, you may have a single-user license key being shared by two different users.

Please check with the person responsible for your volume license to make sure the license key you are using is for volume license.  If you need to add more users to that license key, contact the person responsible for the license key, and they will contact the appropriate person at FileMaker, Inc. to increase the number.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 3. Re: FMServer Warning 200 Client
              user14691

We have one person using the license however they are using two IP addresses (one internal one external) and it thinks that they are two different people.

• 4. Re: FMServer Warning 200 Client
                TSGal

KBanasiakwork:

The IP address is not important.  I have the same license key on two different machines.  However, when I want to run it on another machine, I quit out FileMaker Pro on the original machine so I don't encounter the error.  That is, make sure person quits out of FileMaker Pro on the first machine prior to launching it on the second machine.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 5. Re: FMServer Warning 200 Client
                  user14691
                     Thats the problem. The user isn't getting onto a second machine. They are only using one copy on one machine.
                  • 6. Re: FMServer Warning 200 Client
                    TSGal

KBanasiakwork:

Can you verify the second copy is not launched?  Also, can you verify the IP address of the second machine is the same IP address in the error message?  If so, somehow the system is seeing that FileMaker Pro is open on that second machine.  You may have to reboot the second machine, and then you will definitely be able to connect.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.