3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2009 2:29 PM by TSGal

FMSocket error

alan_barker

Summary

FMSocket error

Description of the issue

Since upgrading my FMPSAdvanced from 9 to 10, I'm seeing thousands of Errors loged in the EventViewer log. Everything seems to be working properly, but there are literally thousands if error messages alerting me that something is wrong with the FMSocket_SL55 service. These event message are happening about every 5 seconds or so.Does anyone know what it means? How do I make it stop?The event viewer text message is:The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( FMSocket_SL55 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: FMSocket_SL55@localhost,ErrorCode=3059,ErrorMessag e=The specified data source is not defined.,ClientHost=127.0.0.1,Session=81892.Thanks,Alan

• 1. Re: FMSocket error
          TSGal

AlanBarker:

Thank you for your post.

Are you doing any kind of ODBC import or access?  If so, what driver is being used?  Are you using Oracle?

Are you running on Mac or Windows?  What versions of the OS?

It's difficult to determine what is causing this without seeing your logs and System profile.  I have sent you a private message (top of this screen - right side - X Messages) with instructions where to send those files.

TSGal

Filemaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FMSocket error
            alan_barker

Server machine is a fairly high-end Dell PowerEdge with 4 Gb of Ram, and a Terabyte of HD.  Running Server-2003 Service Pack 3 software.  FMPS10 Advanced.

Yes I do ODBC imports on this machine, mostly from Oracle datasources.  For the most part I use Microsoft ODBC drivers for Oracle database.

• 3. Re: FMSocket error
              TSGal

AlanBarker:

Thank you for the additional information.

How often are the ODBC imports occurring?  How much information are you pulling into the file?  What kind of schedules do you have running?  How often do they run?

We are currently investigating another user with a similar situation (FileMaker Server 9, Windows Server 2003 sp2, ODBC to Oracle databases).  It would help us if we could get your Event log and any FMS*.dmp logs from the FileMaker Server Logs directory.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.