fmxdbc_listener.exe thread leak
Operating system version
Windows 2008 R2
Description of the issue
The fmxdbc_listener.exe develops a thread leak when the number of "in progress" XDBC clients reaches 40. Windows Task Manager shows usually more than 75 threads and continues to climb and will not come back down even if using cleanmem. Clients are using the 22.214.171.124 (installer from website indicated 11.3.82). Approximately 700-950 concurrent connections(mostly fmapp with a range of 10-30 fmxdbc, and 3-15 php) 1 file about 2.8GB. When it "goes into the weeds", the fmserver.exe process stops processing (cpu monitor shows very little activity). fmxbc clients get stuck and will not release from the server even when disconnected using the Admin Console. We have tried compacting the file, adjusting the base priority of the fmserver.exe, fmadminserver.exe and the fmxdbc_listener.exe to either above normal or high and have been using cleanmem utility. The ODBC calls are from a VBS script on the client end to the Server using SQL inserts (We used to do a count but removed that after reading of a known memory leak).
Steps to reproduce the problem
this occurs daily and seems to get triggered when a large number of simultaneous xdbc clients connect near the same time. Once the in progress number hits 40, the problem is reproduced without fail.
"In progress" count should not get stuck at 40, fmxdbc_listener.exe thread count should reduce once work is complete, server should continue processing requests.
The fmxdbc_listener.exe develops a thread leak when the number of "in progress" XDBC clients reaches 40. Threads climb without reduction beyond 75. Server stops processing requests.
Exact text of any error message(s) that appear
no errors during issue, however when attempting to pause the files, there is always a server event indicating the pause could not complete due to an active request from one of the xdbc clients (This would not be the case if I could successfully disconnect the clients in the first place)
10 terminal servers with FileMaker Pro 11.3 clients using a vbs script with ODBC SQL inserts all connected to a central server hosting 1 file. Also there is a PHP website connecting to this server.
none fully successful. compacting helped for 1-2 days, Disconnecting idle sessions seems to delay the failure a little(30-90minutes), cleanmem also seems to delay the failure a little (30-90minutes)