Font corruption?

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Advanced 11v4

Operating system version

Mac OS X 10.7.3

Description of the issue

Last week I upgraded to Supplemental 10.7.3 update via OS X software update. When I opened my FMP file (it goes way back to FMP 3 and kept up to date), several fonts no longer show up, and in some cases the fields using them have also disappeared. There used to be a way to rebuild the font library in old FMP versions, but I don't know if it uses fonts in the same way now. I have tried using my backups from before the update, but they still don't show up, so it seems to be a system-FMP interaction.  Anyone else experiencing this or know how to fix it?
      Brad

• 1. Re: Font corruption?
          user15307

bradthelad,

Thank you for posting.

You are correct, if you have corruption of fonts in the FontBook, there can be problems displaying them.

Please try to add a few new fields to this layout, and select a true-type font -- Helvetica, for instance -- for these fields.  If these do appear, but your other fonts do not, the next step to take is to fix those problem fonts in FontBook.

Let me know if you need clarification on this.

TSTuatara

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Font corruption?
            bradthelad

Thanks for your reply.  I posted a similar description on Apple Support forums, and the answer that worked was to trash the filemaker cache.