Forum Drop Down Menus are not opaque in Web Viewer

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

11.0v2

Operating system version

Windows XP SP3 with Internet Explorer 8

Description of the issue

Some menus that are opaque when dropped down in a regular web browser are transparent in the web viewer resulting in unreadable menu options when the menu drops down over other objects on the web page.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Download the Known Bugs database: http://www.4shared.com/file/8orL8apk/FMP_Bugs.html

Open the database and click Bug Reports to view any Bug Report record.

Hover the mouse over any of the forum menus at the top of the page and note how background objects show through the menus and make the overlapping menu options unreadable.

• 1. Re: Forum Drop Down Menus are not opaque in Web Viewer
          TSGal

PhilModJunk:

Thank you for your post.

I am able to replicate the problem on my Windows XP (SP3) machine.  This works properly with Mac OS X 10.5.8 and 10.6.4.

Since this only occurs with the Forum pages (it works properly with all other FileMaker pages), I have sent this information to the Forum Administrator, and he will work with our vendor.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Forum Drop Down Menus are not opaque in Web Viewer
            philmodjunk

Hmm, that's "works properly with Mac on all pages, but not when windows is used to access the forum pages".

Hopefully the vendor can tell filemaker what's different about their code so that this can be used to help fix the bug with the web viewer since we should get the same results in the webviewer on both platforms and this should match the behavior of current browser software--and on windows machines it doesn't do this at this time.