You could post your script.
To post a script to the forum:
- You can upload a screen shot of your script by clicking the edit link to your original message and uploading it there
- You can upload a screen shot to a file share site and post the download link to a new response you post here.
- You can print a script to a PDF, open the PDF and then select and copy the script as text from the opened PDF.
- If You have FileMaker advanced, you can generate a database design report and copy the script as text from there.
- If you paste a text form of the script, you can use the Script Pretty box in the Known Bugs List database to paste a version that is single spaced and indented for a more professional look to your script. (Use the HTML option and paste the text into the HTML editor.)
Also, your file could be damaged and that's why it's freezing.
You could try recovering your file to see what is reported and if the recoved copy has the same issue. (Test the copy even if recover does not report finding a problem.)
Things to keep in mind about Recover:
- Recover does not detect all problems
- Recover doesn't always fix all problems correctly
- Best Practice is to never put a recovered copy back into regular use or development. Instead, replace the damaged file with an undamaged back up copy if this is at all possible. You may have to save a clone of the back up copy and import all data from your recovered copy to get a working copy with the most up to date information possible.
Script Name Monthly Stipend by Fellow Run script with full access privileges Off Include In Menu Yes Layouts that use this script Scripts that use this script Script Definition Script Steps
- Go to Layout [ “Monthly Expenses by Fellow” (Monthly Expenses by Fellow) ]
- Set Zoom Level [ 200% ]
- Go to Field [ Monthly Expenses by Fellow::Cost Element ]
- Perform Find [ Specified Find Requests: Find Records; Criteria: Monthly Expenses by Fellow::Cost Element: “Stipend” ] [ Restore ]
Fields used in this script Scripts used in this script Layouts used in this script Tables used in this script Table occurrences used by this script Custom Functions used by this script Custom menu set used by this script
This is the script. Pretty straightforward. Thanks in advance for any help
How many records are in your table and is Cost Element an indexed field?
I'd take a stab at re-indexing the file, then try a full recover on the file if that doesn't fix the problem.
If you have FileMaker 11, you can use Advanced Recovery options to rebuild your file's indexes:
- With the file closed, select Recover from the File Menu.
- Select "Use advanced Options"
- Select only: "Copy File Blocks as-is" and "Rebuild Field Indexes Now".