1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 17, 2013 11:34 AM by disabled_ntaylor

Front/Back camera option not consistent across inserts and resolution changes

Pereljon

Summary

Front/Back camera option not consistent across inserts and resolution changes

Product

FileMaker Go

Version

Operating system version

Description of the issue

1. When you are inserting a photo from the camera to a container field and you switch to the front camera, the front camera setting is lost if you change the resolution of the camera.
      2. When you insert a photo from the camera to the container field from the front camera and then insert another photo to another container field, the back camera will be selected when the last used camera (the front one) should be selected instead.

Steps to reproduce the problem

A. Insert from camera to a container field, switch to the front camera, change the resolution.

B. Insert from  camera to a container field, switch to the front camera, take the picture. Then try to insert from camera to container field again.

Expected result

In both cases, the front camera should remain as the active input.

Actual result

In both cases the active input switches to the back camera.

Workaround

NONE.

• 1. Re: Front/Back camera option not consistent across inserts and resolution changes

Pereljon:

Thank you for the post.

Did this used to work in previous versions of FileMaker Go 12? Other iOS applications (including the iOS camera app) do default to the last choice, so that behavior is possible; however, if this always worked this way, then the behavior may be as designed.

I do agree this would be a convenient feature to have, so I forwarded your report to Development and Testing for review.

Additionally, if you would like to see a change in this behavior, I would encourage you to enter this as a suggestion into our Feature Requests web form at:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/contact/feature_request.html 

These web form suggestions are monitored and read by our Development and Product Management departments and then discussed and considered for a future release. Although I could copy your post and paste it into the web form, there are some questions asked that only you can answer.

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.