FTS Advance 13 (training Manual)

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Mac

Description of the issue

I would like to seek clarification for

1. Page 105 (2-79). Exercise 7.1. "....  fmgo_development.pdf.... What happens when you Double-click the field?". Should it be ".... double-click the file?"

Please advise me if I can use this forum page / location for this feedback.

• 1. Re: FTS Advance 13 (training Manual)
          TSGal

James Ho:

Thank you for your post.

The information is correct.  If we say "double-click the file", it is not clear if this means double-click the file embedded in the field, or double-click the original file on your computer that was inserted.

The following paragraph also references double-clicking the field after inserting the file as a reference.

Feel free to report any other issues on this forum.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FTS Advance 13 (training Manual)
            jameshoty

Hi

Please allow me to continue to use this thread for additional clarification on the FTS 13 Advance as I do not want to create many thread for the same issue. If it is not allowed, please let me know so I can create new thread.

I found this statement which I don't understand if I follow it to lesson 2 and lesson 6.

It is found on page 152 (3-12) :

"You will learn much more about applying a themes' styles to object in lesson 2 and creating custom themes and saving styles in Lesson 6."

But lesson 2 (page 2-17) is Data Modeling - Identifying Relationships and lesson 6 (page 2-59)  is Field Storage and Indexing respectively as extracted from the training guide directly. I find no link between these 2 lesson and the above statement about theme and style.

Please help me to understand if I am missing something. 

Thank you.

• 3. Re: FTS Advance 13 (training Manual)
              TSGal

James Ho:

Each Module was to have it's own lesson numbers.  In the end, the Lessons encompassed all Modules, and we did not catch the misprint on page 3-12.    Therefore, Lesson 2 in Module 3 would be Lesson 11 (page 3-22 to be exact), and Lesson 6 in Module 3 would be Lesson 15 (page 3-109).

Feel free to continue posting to this thread as you encounter other misprints and or need clarification.

TSGal
                   FileMaker, Inc.