Funky Display of Layouts List

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

11v2

Operating system version

Windows

Description of the issue

I am defining a GTRR step in a script and wanting to specify a layout for the related table.  Below is what it displays.

Expected result

I'd expect all the related layouts to be rolled up together.

Actual result

See attached image.  It seems the layout list "helpfully" includes all separator layouts (layouts named "-").

specify_layout.gif

• 1. Re: Funky Display of Layouts List
          hschlossberg

I've discovered that each of those lines represent separators (layouts named "-").  I've also found that on Mac, these layouts appear in the list only when the base table for those separator layouts is the same as the one specified for the GTRR.  But on Windows, those separator layouts appear for ALL base table occurrences.  Macs also display the 'associated table' name for each separator layout, while Windows does not.  But trust me: all those lines in my example are based on different tables.

• 2. Re: Funky Display of Layouts List
            TSGal

howards:

Thank you for your post.

I am able to replicate the problem on Windows XP SP3.  It works correctly on Mac OS X 10.5.8 and Mac OS X 10.6.4.

I have forwarded your post along with my findings to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments for review and confirmation.  I will keep you updated as information becomes available to me.

TSGal
            FileMaker, Inc.