Summary

Fuzzy PDF's upon creation.

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

win 8

Description of the issue

Having an issue creating PDF's of a layout.  Upon creation, PDF's are not very clear (text).  Any recommendations?  Also need to shrink to fit on one letter size piece.  I have the layout size to a ipad landscape view.  See attached PDF.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

• 1. Re: Fuzzy PDF's upon creation.
          philmodjunk

Are you using Save As PDF to produce your PDF or are you printing to a PDF creation utility?

I have the layout size to a ipad landscape view.

For printing and PDF's, you need to size your layout to the size page that you will use for printing your layout. You may need to make a duplicate of your current layout and then modify it to fit the size page you want for your PDF. In layout mode, if you use printer setup to specify the desired page size and orientation that you want for your PDF, Large heavy lines are shown on your layout to mark what portion of your layout will fit on the first page of your PDF or printed hard copy. Portions of your layout to the right of the vertical line will not be part of the PDF. Portions shown below the horizontal line will appear on the next page.

• 2. Re: Fuzzy PDF's upon creation.
            sjeffrey

In FM ........hitting print and print to adobe as the printer.  

• 3. Re: Fuzzy PDF's upon creation.
              sjeffrey

Ok....i did the save as.....looks alot better......ill continue to play with the print size part.  Thanks for the information.