6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2012 11:30 AM by philmodjunk

Garbled graphics in some list view with thumbnail images.

irishetcher

Summary

Garbled graphics in some list view with thumbnail images.

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Mac OS X 10.7.4

Description of the issue

There maybe an issue with graphics in 10.7.4 update. Noticed a garbling of graphics in Filemaker Pro. With a list view with thumbnails, scrolling up with mouse wheel is choppy. It is worse with the up key;list items truncated on the horizontal access and multiplied several times over each other for same record. This does not happen scrolling down and can sometimes happen scrolling left right/vice versa. It does not happen on all list views with image thumbnails, just a select few.

I have ruled out hardware (Mac Pro 1.1 with 5770 card) by checking on new Thunderbolt MacBook Pro. Graphics garbled there also.

This could be an known issue with Filemaker Pro layouts becoming corrupted but it happened just after 10.7.4 update and I noticed yesterday a similar occurrence of graphics garbling in iPhoto (newest version). I have also seen a post on Mac Observer where play controls are truncated in a media player:

http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/readers_report_media_player_bug_in_os_x_10.7.4/

Might be worth checking out. Feedback posted to Apple also

Steps to reproduce the problem

scroll rapidly upwards with scroll wheel. Worse with keyboard up key.

Expected result

smooth or as near to smooth scrolling, depending on age of Mac.

Actual result

Garbled graphics

Workaround

none

Screen_Shot_2012-05-17_at_11.09.02.jpg