German Localisation Error

nilsw

Summary

German Localisation Error

Version

Operating system version

Mac OS X 10.8.5

Description of the issue

The "Blättern..." (browse) should read "Auswählen..." (select) or alternatively, like in the FileMaker Advanced developer tools dialog "Hinzufügen..." (add).

Bildschirmfoto_2014-03-21_um_19.25.06_Kopie.PNG

• 1. Re: German Localisation Error
          TSGal

filemakergarage:

Thank you for your post.

In the English version, the Blättern button does read Browse, as this lets you browse for the appropriate file(s).

As far as Add, I suggest you enter this suggestion into the Feature Requests web form at:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/contact/feature_request.html

The entries into this web form are read and discussed by Development and Product Management.  Although I could copy your suggestion and paste it into the web form, there are a couple of questions asked that only you can answer.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: German Localisation Error
            nilsw

Yes true, but the primary translation for "blättern" is "page turning", which is still ok for browsing records in FileMaker as you kind of flip the pages of the little rolodex. Using "blättern" for 'browsing the internet' or, like in this case, browsing files is simply wrong and I consider this an issue.

• 3. Re: German Localisation Error
              TSGal

filemakergarage:

Thank you for the explanation.  I will send your comments to our Documentation department.

TSGal
                   FileMaker, Inc.