AnsweredAssumed Answered

Get (RecordOpenState) and Get (RecordOpenCount) have about 50% failure rate.

Question asked by fredochs on May 21, 2015
Latest reply on Nov 12, 2015 by TSGal

Summary

Get (RecordOpenState) and Get (RecordOpenCount) have about 50% failure rate.

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

12 and 14

Operating system version

OS X Yosemite 10.10.3

Description of the issue

I have a script to do periodic autocopy if (among other things) no records are being modified at the time. I am trying to use Get (RecordOpenState) in the script to determine if any records are being modified. However, the function seems to return the correct value less than half the time. I have also tried using Get (RecordOpenCount) but have the same failure rate. When I debug the problem and watch both of these functions in the Watch window of Data Viewer, they always display the correct value while simultaneously displaying the incorrect values in variables I set in the script. I use refresh to make sure the values in the watch window are not stale.

I have seen the same behavior in both FMAP 12 and 14. I did not use 13 and so can't say if the problem is present there as well, but I suspect it is.

I have a one step test script that always seems to return the correct results from these gets. So, I can't help but believe it is my script that is the problem, but for the life of me can't see why.

Steps to reproduce the problem

See the uploaded screen shot which is a screen shot of 5 other screen shots including two screen shots for a debugging in FMPA14, screen shot of full listing of problem script, screen shot of test script. (Sorry if there is an easier way to upload 5 separate screen shots and I don't know what it is.)

Expected result

See description.

Actual result

See description.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

N/A

Configuration information

N/A

Workaround

None

Screen_Shot_2015-05-21_at_3.10.10_PM.png

Outcomes