1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 8, 2014 1:01 PM by TSGal

Get( LayoutObjectWidth ) Reports Double Width with 1 Retina 1 Regular screen

JohnDuncan

Summary

Get( LayoutObjectWidth ) Reports Double Width with 1 Retina 1 Regular screen

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

13.0v4

Operating system version

Mac OS X 10.10.1

Description of the issue

The configuration is a Retina MacBook Pro 2014 with an attached Thunderbolt display (non-retina).  The GetLayoutObjectAttribute( "object" ; "width" ) and GetLayoutObjectAttribute( "object" ; "height" ) return a value that is double the actual height and width of the object when all FileMaker windows are displayed on the non-retina screen.  The new Get( ScreenScaleFactor ) returns 1 when on the non-retina screen and 2 when on the retina screen so it is not possible to use this to apply resolution-based scaling to the result.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Set up a system configured as above with 1 retina and 1 non-retina display.  Set up an object on the layout and put in a tooltip that displays the object height and width.

Expected result

The result should not be multiplied by 2 on the non-retina display

Actual result

The result is multiplied by 2 on the non-retina display

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

N/A

Workaround

None Found

• 1. Re: Get( LayoutObjectWidth ) Reports Double Width with 1 Retina 1 Regular screen
          TSGal

John Duncan:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue on a 27" iMac and a 15" MacBook Pro Retina.  The same value for the width is displayed on both machines.

I have inserted a picture of The Beatles, and I have named the object "Beatles".  My tooltip calculation is:

GetLayoutObjectAttribute("Beatles";"width") & "¶" & Get(ScreenScaleFactor)

On the 27" iMac, the result is 526 and 1, while on the 15" MacBook Pro Retina is 526 and 2.

Let me know what I'm doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.