This does not occur on a Windows system.
Using Windows XP, I ran the following script:
New Window [Name: "Test"]
Adjust Window [Hide]
Show Custom Dialog [get ( WindowName ) & " = " & Get ( WindowVisible )]
When I run this script, I get the custom dialog with "Test = 0" as expected.
Can anyone confirm this on a Mac system?
I've never posted anything in my life and shoud have been more specific, and I apologize for that. This situation occurs when you have more than 1 visible window open. Run your script with 2 visible windows open, "Test" and "Test 1". Beginning with the "Test 1" window, run your script 2 times. In FileMaker version 8.5, the custom dialogs will display "Test = 1", then "Test 1 = 0". Do the same thing in FileMaker version 11 and the custom dialogs will display "Test 1 = 0", then "Test = 0". FileMaker 11 is treating the hidden window as the active window. After hiding a window in FileMaker 8.5, it goes to the next visible window in line and treats that as the active window. This result occurs on both Mac and Windows systems. Thanks.
No need to apologize, the very reason FileMaker Inc set up this section of the forum is so that dialog between forum members and techs can better document the issues.
That I can replicate on a windows system. There doesn't appear to be any bug with get ( WindowVisible ), rather the issue is that Adjust Window [Hide] no longer makes the next visible window the current window.
Thank you Phil and I totally agree the issue is with Adjust Window[Hide]. FileMaker should have notified us of this behavior change. I like the way it worked in the earlier version where the next visible window became the current window after hiding the original one. In my programs, users could sign out at the Main Menu. The Main Menu window would hide, which put that window last in the list if you were to cycle through all the windows. A loop script would then trigger to close all windows if they weren't named "Main Menu". When it got around to the "Main Menu" hidden window, it would select that window, making it visible and the only window open in the program. There's workarounds to track all open windows, but it certainly is much more involved than the way I used to do it. It really helps me to get confirmation on my observation. Thanks again.
Failure to fully disclose and document behavior changes in new releases is an onging complaint from many developers.