2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2009 9:00 AM by Brin

Getting Find to return a date within a range of dates

Brin

Summary

Getting Find to return a date within a range of dates

Description of the issue

My Archive Index in FMP is intended to direct us to the physical box in which certain types of records are stored. In some cases, such as a series of correspondence, each Record in FMP is of a number of individual physical items within a range of dates, e.g. "Bishop Smith's letters to Fr Jones 1880-1905" (it being too time-consuming to enter the date of every individual letter). If someone comes to us and says, I want a letter from Bishop Smith to Fr Jones written in 1885, is there a way of configuring a Find so that FMP can understand that the single-year Date search-term falls within a date-range defined by (Start) Year and End Year fields ? thus bringing up the Record that tells us that the letter will be in such-and-such a box ? Obviously, using the names of Bishop Smith and Fr Jones as search terms will return that record but it might also return a lot of others, and our hypothetical enquirer does not know the date-range that we have entered.I suppose one could just start with a ">1850" term in the Start Year field, and "