1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 25, 2013 4:28 PM by JCrawford

Global Field in Header Bug fixed in FMP 12?

philmodjunk

Summary

Global Field in Header Bug fixed in FMP 12?

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

FMP 12

Operating system version

Windows XP, SP3

Description of the issue

Originally reported in: http://forums.filemaker.com/posts/812f3eb23b

A quick test with a List view layout and a global field formatted as a drop down suggests that a global field in the header is no longer disabled if the current record has been scrolled out of view.

• 1. Re: Global Field in Header Bug fixed in FMP 12?
          JCrawford

I am still using FMP11.

I have two global fields in the header on a Fiscal Year Report. The report does not have a "body' section, only a summary part which calculates monthly total. It is sorted by Month Name according to a value list.

The global fields are "Report Start Date" and "Report End Date" and both are drop down calendars. These are calculated into a single date string for a find function.

The global fields in the header won't always populate, won't always change the date entered, sometimes disappear entirely, and are generally buggy to populate. I tried adding a script trigger "Refresh Window" upon field entry, field modification or field exit to try to jiggle the correct value into place. Sometimes this helped and sometimes it didn't.  If I take my cursor down into the summary part and click, this seems to be an acceptable "jiggle" and then I can get back into the global fields in the header to change the values..

Is this finally an essential reason for me to upgrade to FMP12? If I do, will these global fields behave properly? I am always slow to upgrade because its a hassle.