1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 26, 2009 1:10 PM by TSGal

Global fields in header become disabled

ajmiller

Summary

Global fields in header become disabled

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involved: FileMaker Pro 10.0v3, FileMaker Pro Advanced 10.0v3 Operating System(s) involved:  Mac OS X 10.5.8, Windows Vista (any probably any) Detailed description of the issue: I have several layouts used in list view with header parts that contain edit boxes, drop down boxes or popup lists linked to global fields. When the current record (the one marked by a thin black bar on the left edge of the record) is scrolled far enough out of view of the window, the global fields become disabled meaning that they cannot be entered. Exact steps to reproduce the issue:1. Create a database with one table with one or more fields and at least one global field. 2. Create about 100 records in the table. 3. Create a layout used only as a list view. 4. Display regular fields in the body part. 5. Display the global field in the header part. 6. In browse mode, scroll the window so that the current record is not visible. (e.g. if the current record is the first record, scroll the window all the way to the bottom.) 7. Attempt to edit the global field in the header.   Expected Result: The global field should always be enabled (editable). Actual Result: The global field cannot be entered and appears to be disabled when clicked on. This happens even if the field is configured as a drop down box or a popup list.   Exact text of any error message(s) that appeared: N/A Any additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issue: I have noticed that if the current record is not scrolled too far out of view, the global field may remain active. I can't determine if this is consistent behavior or give an exact number of records that must be scrolled out of view to cause the behavior. I have noticed that certain configurations of drop down boxes may cause the current record to be scrolled into view when clicked.  For example, I had a global field with a drop down box with list populated using numerical data from a field, and it caused the current record to scroll into view and the global field remained enabled. I can provide a sample file. Any workarounds that you have found:none so far.