Global Fields not usable in header of layout with no body that contains Trailing Grand Summary
11.0 v1, 11.0v2
Operating system version
Mac OS X 10.5.8, 10.6 all updates
Description of the issue
I have a report layout with global fields in the header that the user uses to choose a person, a start date and an end date. They then run a script to perform the search.
The layout has no body, just several sub-summaries that show based on which parameter the user chooses.
In FileMaker 11, I had some users who were not able to run the report. they would get strange activity(see attached screen shots). I did some playing around and noticed that if the user was on any record but the last one in the found set, this is what FileMaker does.
Steps to reproduce the problem
1. Create a new layout in a table that has records in it.
2. Remove the body part.
3. Add a sub summary(either above or below, does not matter.
4. Add a trailing grand summary part.
5. Place a global field in the header with a drop down list, or drop down calendar.
6. Navigate to any record but the last record in the found set.
7. Try to select a value on the drop down calendar.
I expect to be able to select a date from the global field.
The field borders disappear, and you are unable to select a date. The calendar in particular will allow you to keep selecting dates on the calendar.
The work around that i have found is to have any script that loads the layout navigate to the last record in the found set using the Go To Record [Last] script step.