7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2009 7:31 AM by TSGal

Go to next record shaded FMP Advanced 10

pigmingo

Summary

Go to next record shaded FMP Advanced 10

Description of the issue

In preview mode, the go to next record is shaded as though there is only one page to view.  If you click on the slide it will suddenly become un shaded so you can view the rest of the records.

• 1. Re: Go to next record shaded FMP Advanced 10
          philmodjunk

What OS?

Have you tried this with more than one file?

I have FMP adv 10v3 on Windows XP sp3 and don't see this issue on my files.

• 2. Re: Go to next record shaded FMP Advanced 10
            TSGal

myxtsee:

Thank you for your post.

This seems to be an intermittent problem.  One other person reported this problem, and on one machine, I was able to duplicate the problem.... temporarily.  I was never able to duplicate the problem again.

I have forwarded your post to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments as another test case.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 3. Re: Go to next record shaded FMP Advanced 10
              TSGal

myxtsee:

By the way, this problem was initially reported on Mac OS X 10.5.6.  The time I duplicated this problem was also on Mac OS.  I could not get this to duplicate on Windows.  Are you running Mac OS or Windows?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: Go to next record shaded FMP Advanced 10
                pigmingo

I have had this problem only on the machine running FilemakerPro Advanced 10.0v3.  The files are served by FilemakerPro Advanced v 9.0v3 from an iMac  running OS X 10.5.7 - 2 GHz with 3 GB using Filemaker Network.  The Chicago iMac [the one in question] is a 24" 2.66 GHz running OS X 10.5.7 with 4 GB DDR3.  The files are accessed by two additional employees.  One in Dallas [Windows Vista] the other in Columbus [new Macbook Pro] - both running Filemaker 9.  >>I have duplicated the same problem on local files as well running FM 10.0v3 so I  it has nothing to do with mixed versions or servers.  I have additionally found that certain headers will not print from FM10 when there are two or more sub-sumarys on a db served by FM9.  If you open the same db on the same machine with FM9 from the server they print just fine. This most likely has to do with mixed versions.

• 5. Re: Go to next record shaded FMP Advanced 10
                  TSGal

myxtsee:

Thank you for the additional information.

I would like to duplicate the problem, so if possible, I would like to obtain a clone of one of the database files for testing.

Also, you introduced another problem with the header not printing with two or more sub-summaries when served by FileMaker Pro 9.  I would also like to see a clone of one of those files.

I have sent you a private message (top of this page - right side - X Messages) with instructions where to send these files.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: Go to next record shaded FMP Advanced 10
                    oneleft

where does this issue stand?  i have the same problem, i go into preview and there's no way to go to the next record.  it never fails.  this is through a script.

apple tiger and snow leopard, same behavior when using fm pro 10-3.

• 7. Re: Go to next record shaded FMP Advanced 10
                      TSGal

oneleft:

Sorry for the late reply.  This was reported in a couple of places on the forum, and I missed this thread.

If you set the Status Toolbar to "Use Small Size", this problem then becomes evident.  That is, you cannot go to the next record except by using the sliding tool.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.