1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 24, 2012 1:43 PM by MaximePaquette

    Got a "Field is missing" error with cwp after converting fp7 file with fm12v2 but not if doing so...

    MaximePaquette

      Summary

      Got a "Field is missing" error with cwp after converting fp7 file with fm12v2 but not if doing so with fm12v1

      Product

      FileMaker Pro

      Version

      12

      Operating system version

      Mac 10.7.4

      Description of the issue

      I tested the conversion of a FileMaker 11 database used with php (FileMaker Server Advanced) using FileMaker 12v1 and everything was working fine.  I did the same thing, but converting with FileMaker 12v2 instead and I got a 102 error (Field is missing) when creating some related records.

      In my case, the problem occur in a layout with a portal in it where I create some related records.  I recreated the layout, deleted the fields and putting it back, nothing changed.   After commenting a lot of php line, I think I got something, if the name of the field ( or a word in the name) start with an accented caracter, I got the error...

      For example, those lines trigger the error (but only if converted with FileMaker 12.v2, not v1):
        $createPhotoPanier->setField('php_Panier et Archives::Mot de passe Étudiant Chaque Fiche', 'something...');
        $createPhotoPanier->setField('php_Panier et Archives::État', 'Préparation');

      but if I change them for this (and change the fields name in FileMaker too), everything work fine:
        $createPhotoPanier->setField('php_Panier et Archives::Mot de passe Etudiant Chaque Fiche', 'something...');
        $createPhotoPanier->setField('php_Panier et Archives::Etat', 'Préparation');

      There is no problem if there is an accented caracter inside the name of the field, like this:
        $createPhotoPanier->setField('php_Panier et Archives::Prénom', 'Test');          

      I guess it have something to do with encoding or something.  And it probably occur when using a normal record (not a related one).

      I just tried it with that particular database and didn't go further, worked all day on this before finding a workaround and had enough for now.  I'll do more test tomorrow.

      Expected result

      no error

      Actual result

      error 102

      Workaround

      Change the field name

        • 1. Re: Got a "Field is missing" error with cwp after converting fp7 file with fm12v2 but not if doing so...
          MaximePaquette

          I did some more tests today, here is a summary:

           

          If I convert the fp7 file using FileMaker 12v1, everything work fine.

           

          If I convert the fp7 file using FileMaker 12v2, I have to rename some fields if I want it to work.  The errors occur when trying to create some related records using the "setField" command.  As I said it look like the error is triggered if a word in a field's name start with an accented caracter.

          The 4 fields I had to rename were:

          php_Panier et Archives::Mot de passe Étudiant Chaque Fiche
          php_Panier et Archives::État
          php_Panier et Archives::Retouche associer à cette facture
          php_Panier et Archives::Prix Téléchargement Étudiant

           

          I had to rename them like so to make it work:

          php_Panier et Archives::Mot de passe Etudiant Chaque Fiche
          php_Panier et Archives::Etat
          php_Panier et Archives::Retouche associer a cette facture
          php_Panier et Archives::Prix Téléchargement Etudiant

           

          But I don't get the error when displaying the content of the field using the "getField" command, even if a word in the field's name start with an accented caracter.

           

          I also tried the "New FileMaker 12 Standalone Converter", but get pretty much the same result as when converting with FileMaker 12v2, except that now the database is 2,39 Go instead of 1,94 Go, the original fp7 file is 1,95 Go.

           

          It worry me that i get the best result with the v1 and that in the "New FileMaker 12 Standalone Converter" documentation, it's say that if you don't use the converter, to use a minimum of FileMaker 12v2 (due to an issue involving certain Unicode characters [but to me, it look like there are still some issue there, at least with the cwp]).

          So I guess my best bet is to convert with 12v2, rename some fields, do a lot of time consuming tests and hope that next update don't bring more troubles...