3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2015 6:27 AM by CamelCase

    Graph is missing all or most TOs

    MattNavarre

      Summary

      Graph is missing all or most TOs

      Product

      FileMaker Pro

      Version

      13.0v5

      Operating system version

      Mac OSX 10.10 and Windows 7/8

      Description of the issue

      The first time you enter 'Manage:Database' to view the graph, it's empty. Then when you cancel and try again, it's normal.

      This happens to several database files on the FM Server, for both Mac and PC users

      Steps to reproduce the problem

      Command-shift D, while full access

      Expected result

      Expected to see graph

      Actual result

      empty

      Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

      none

      Configuration information

      Current server running Windows Server 2008R2 and FM Server 13 (current)

      Current client software

      Workaround

      Cancel and return. It always (so far) works the second time.

      Enclosed are two screen shots from 10 seconds apart

      Screen_Shot_2015-02-05_at_1.40.00_PM.png

        • 1. Re: Graph is missing all or most TOs
          philmodjunk

          Hmmm, I use Windows 7. In the course of the day, I open many, many files hosted by server 13 using that keyboard shortcut.

          I have yet to see this. Maybe I'm just lucky or maybe there's some key difference here...

          • 2. Re: Graph is missing all or most TOs
            Markus Schneider

            The graph will be created by the client - what client version, what OS?

            If You close the graph-window and reopen it: Still no data?

            • 3. Re: Graph is missing all or most TOs
              CamelCase

              I also just had something very similar happen yesterday, with FMP13.0v5 on OS X 10.8.6, with in a database I open over the WAN, and not the best connection (not the way I like to work, but that's the access I have right now in this case).

              Closing and re-opening the Manage Databases window brought the TOs back, but this is certainly a potentially lethal bug. There's areal risk for heart attacks.

              If anybody can reproduce this in a test file, it would be interesting to see what happens if you add a TO with the same name as an existing one. I'm hoping this is just a display issue of some sort, so that such duplicates would not be possible to create.