2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2009 10:09 AM by TSGal

Graphic bug when scrolling

rowie718

Summary

Graphic bug when scrolling

Description of the issue

I have what appears to be a graphic bug in FM Pro 9 v3. I am running Mac OSX 10.4.11 on a PPC G5. The DB I am using is a table view with a popup menu as one of the fields. If a certain record's popup field is selected currently, and you scroll up the screen and then back down, the popup field of the record that was at the bottom of the screen when you ended scrolling up and began scrolling down will now show the value of the selected records popup field. Sometimes you have to repeat this motion a few times quickly to get the effect. If you click on the affected record, without even touching the popup field, the graphics will correct itself and snap back to the correct value of the field. Also, if you select the popup menu of the affected field while it is still showing the incorrect value, the check mark will be on the correct value, and as you let go, the graphic display of the value will be corrected. If its relevant at all, the popup field is populated by a value list that displays 2 values from a related field, but has the "Show values only from second field" checkbox checked. Thanks for any feedback or help you can offer with this.

• 1. Re: Graphic bug when scrolling
          TSGal

rowie718:

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, I am unable to duplicate the problem.  This is what I have done...

I created a test database file (Test.fp7) with two tables: first and second

I created an ID field in both tables and set the relationship based upon this field.

I created a pop-up field that uses two related fields, but only displays the second field.

I added 50 records and several values to the pop-up field.

Scrolling up and down in Table View does not appear to change any pop-up value.

Just in case I'm missing something, it may be better if you send in your database file.  I will try to duplicate the problem here and determine if it is a FileMaker problem or a damaged database.  I have sent you a private message (top of this page - right side - X Messages) with instructions where to send the file.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Graphic bug when scrolling
            TSGal

rowie718:

I have received your file, and I'm able to duplicate the problem.  As it turns out, this problem was previously reported, and I have attached this thread along with your file to the original case.  When more information becomes available, I will let you know.  There is no workaround at this time except to switch to another layout and then back again.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.