8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2009 5:40 PM by BeatriceBeaubien

greyed out book

LyndsayHowarth

Summary

greyed out book

Description of the issue

You find a group of records and the book is greyed out.You preview a group of records and the book is greyed out.To activate the book, you have to slide the record/page number to a position other than record/page 1That seems to fix things.FMPA 10.0v1 / OSX 10.5.6

• 1. Re: greyed out book
          TSGal

lyndsay:

Thank you for your post.

I am also running FileMaker Pro 10 Advanced with OS X 10.5.6, and I am unable to duplicate the problem.

One user had a similar problem and it turned out that Custom menus had been turned on with limited features.  Pull down the Tools menu and make sure the Custom Menus is set for [Standard FileMaker Menus].

Please provide any additional information possible so I can duplicate the problem here.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: greyed out book
            LyndsayHowarth

TSGal

Thanks for you reply.

I have double and triple-checked this and what I describe is the case.

There are no custom menus in one solution I have just re-tested and the layout has a header, 2 subsummary parts a body and a footer and it sorted according to the subsummaries. There are over 2000 records in the found set.

On FTN, I had a confirmation from another user experiencing the same thing which prompted my bug report. 

• 3. Re: greyed out book
              TSGal

lyndsay:

There isn't enough information here to determine what is the possible cause.  Therefore, I would need to see the file.  If the information is confidential, then send me a clone of the file.  I have sent you a private message (top of this page - right side - just below the blue bar - X Messages) with instructions where to send the file.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: greyed out book
                BeatriceBeaubien

Hi Lyndsay and TSGal,

I saw this on a production file a few days ago, and have produced an example file that reliably replicates it. However, I think it can be demonstrated on any file. On any layout, go from Preview, to Browse, to Preview.

OS X 10.4.11, FMPS 10.0v1. No custom menus, brand new test file. Five records, and happens whether there is a subsummary part or just a body.

Please let me know how I can submit this example file.

Thanks very much. 

Best wishes,

• 5. Re: greyed out book
                  TSGal

Beatrice Beaubien:

Thank you for your post.

I am able to duplicate the problem with Preview, but not with the found set of records as "lyndsay" also reported.

I have sent the Preview information to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) department for review.  If any additional information becomes available, I will post here.

If anybody can duplicate the grayed out book for a found set of records, please let us know! 

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: greyed out book
                    TSGal

All:

I forgot to mention that I can only duplicate this problem only on a Mac.  It works correctly on Windows.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 7. Re: greyed out book
                      LyndsayHowarth

Hi All,

I am no longer getting the greyed out book with found sets in Browse since I restarted my Mac yesterday arvo.

Still getting it in preview like Beatrice.... consistently when you go preview... browse... preview and occasionally when you just go preview.

• 8. Re: greyed out book
                        BeatriceBeaubien

TSGal,

Thanks very much.