Group Objects command locks selected objects
Operating system version
Tested with Mac OS X 10.7.5 and 10.9.5; Windows 7 (64-bit)
Description of the issue
Circumstances under which, in Layout Mode, issuing the "Group (selected objects)" command locks the selected objects.
Steps to reproduce the problem
• Select two or more unlocked, ungrouped objects and one or more locked objects, using the marquee tool.
• Deselect any locked objects by shift-clicking each.
• Perform the Group command from the Arrange menu or use the Command-R keyboard shortcut to do so.
The remaining selected objects, as indicated by the blue outline containing them, should become one UNLOCKED group of objects.
The remaining selected objects, as indicated by the blue outline containing them, become one LOCKED group of objects.
Exact text of any error message(s) that appear
No active plug-ins
• To prevent: Do not use selection marquee initially to select objects.
• To fix: after the error occurs, immediately perform the Undo Group command and then immediately perform the Group command again (Redo Group does not work). The correct selected objects will be grouped, as desired, but not locked.