6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2009 10:45 AM by TSGal

Grouped Lines and Tab Panel Bug

Pereljon

Summary

Grouped Lines and Tab Panel Bug

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involved:FileMaker Pro 9 / FileMaker Pro Advanced 9 / FileMaker Pro Advanced 10 Operating System(s) involved:Mac OS X 10.4.11 / Mac OS X 10.5.6 Detailed description of the issue:Nudging grouped horizontal lines out of the left or top border of a tabbed panel causes problems with the grouped lines. Exact steps to reproduce the issue:  1. Create a new FileMaker file.2. Create a new tab panel with a single tab group.3. Create two lines inside of the tab panel.4. Group the two lines together.5a. Nudge the grouped lines across the left edge of the tab panel.5a1. If the lines are left-aligned (and both cross the left edge at the same time) they will become part of a larger group that is grouped with the tab panel. If you move the tab panel the grouped lines don't move, but if you move the grouped lines the panel does move.5a2. If the lines are NOT left-aligned then the grouping on the lines will be broken as soon as the left-most line crosses the left edge of the tab panel. 5b. Nudge the grouped lines across the top edge of the tab panel.  5b1. If the lines are top-aligned then (and both cross the top edge at the same time) they will become part of a larger group that is grouped with the tab panel. If you move the tab panel the grouped lines don't move, but if you move the grouped lines the panel does move.5a2. If the lines are NOT top-aligned then the grouping on the lines will be broken as soon as the top-most line crosses the top edge of the tab panel.  Expected ResultGrouped lines that are dragged out of a tab panel should not have their grouping affected in any way.Actual ResultGrouped lines that are dragged out of the left or top edge of a tab panel have their grouping affected.Exact text of any error message(s) that appeared: NONEAny additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issue: NONEAny workarounds that you have found: NONE  Please see below for an example of how to provide this information:   

• 1. Re: Grouped Lines and Tab Panel Bug
          Pereljon
             Has anyone seen this issue? Can anyone confirm?
          • 2. Re: Grouped Lines and Tab Panel Bug
            philmodjunk

Check me and see if I'm following your directions correctly.

I'm using windows, so my different results can only suggest that this is a Mac only bug, unless I am not following your directions correctly.

1. I created a new single tab tab control.
            2. I used the layout text tool to put two separate lines of text on the tab.
            3. I used the alignment tool to align these two layout objects by their left edge. (Their text alignment is also set to "left".)
            4. I grouped the two text objects.
            5. I then used the left arrow key to "nudge" the line to the left until the tab control flashed to tell me they were no longer part of the tab control.
            6. I then tried dragging the grouped text to a different location on the screen.

I did not observe the behavior you've reported.

System info: Windows XP, SP 3, FMP 10 v2 Advanced.

• 3. Re: Grouped Lines and Tab Panel Bug
              Pereljon

I just tested on Windows XP, SP 3, FMP 10 v1 Advanced and found the same issue. I'll try on v2.

Here is a recording of the bug.

Grouped Lines and Tab Panel Bug.mov

• 4. Re: Grouped Lines and Tab Panel Bug
                philmodjunk
                   I can confirm the bug in v2. I was using text objects, you are using actual line objects. That was the difference.
                • 5. Re: Grouped Lines and Tab Panel Bug
                  Pereljon

I found this issue trying to line up a graphic header bar from the Scriptology theme library in a tab panel (I normally use them in in list layouts). The graphic header bars are made up of grouped parallel lines ( which cause this issue when I left align them to a tab panel).

WEIRD! 

• 6. Re: Grouped Lines and Tab Panel Bug
                    TSGal

Pereljon:

Thank you for your post.  I apologize for the late reply.

Since I'm late in replying, the link to the movie appears is no longer active.  Would it be possible to either repost it or send it to me?  If the latter, I have sent you a private message (top of this page - right side - X Messages) with instructions where to send the file.

In any case, I have submitted this issue to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments for review and confirmation.  If any additional information becomes available, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.