Description of the issue

• 1. Re: Help takes 45-55 seconds to open
          mrvodka
             I can replicate this issue.
          • 2. Re: Help takes 45-55 seconds to open
            TSGal

LaRetta:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to duplicate the problem on an IBM ThinkPad running Windows XP SP2 running FileMaker Pro 10.0v3 Advanced.  When I access Help the first time (pulling down the Help menu and selecting FileMaker Pro Advanced Help), it takes 3 seconds.  The second time takes less than a second.

Are you searching for something?  What am I doing differently than you?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 3. Re: Help takes 45-55 seconds to open
              TSGal

LaRetta:

This is what I have done.

1. Initiated "Shut Down" on the following two machines:

IBM ThinkPad - Windows XP Service Pack 2

Dell Dimension - Windows XP Service Pack 3

(I wanted to see if the problem was a FileMaker Pro or Service Pack problem.) 

2. I started both machines and logged in.

3. Once the desktop was available, I launched Start -> My Computer -> C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Pro 10 Advanced\FileMaker Pro Advanced

4. On both machines, I created a new file on the Desktop, Test.fp7, with one text field "Name".

5. After clicking "OK", which puts me in Browse Mode for the first record and the cursor in the Name field, I selected "Help -> FileMaker Pro Advanced Help".  Here are the results:

IBM ThinkPad - Intel Pentium 1.70 GHz, 512 MB of RAM - Windows XP Service Pack 2 - 4 seconds

Dell Dimension - Intel Pentium 4 3.39 GHz 2.00 GB of RAM - Windows XP Service Pack 3 - 3 seconds

All subsequent accesses to Help were less than 1 second.

Any additional information you can provide me about your machine would be helpful.

mr_vodka - Since you are also able to replicate the problem, any additional information you can provide that would help me also replicate the problem would be appreciated.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: Help takes 45-55 seconds to open
                mrvodka

Do you have 9.0v3 on it as well? I dont know if the two versions share resources. I dont even have to open a new file or any file for that matter. I will keep testing it to see what the cause may be...

• 5. Re: Help takes 45-55 seconds to open
                  TSGal

mr_vodka:

On the IBM ThinkPad, I also have FileMaker Pro 9 (not Advanced).

On the Dell Dimension, I have FileMaker Pro 10 Advanced, FileMaker Pro 9 Advanced, FileMaker Pro 9, FileMaker Pro 8.5 Advanced, FileMaker Pro 8 Advanced and FileMaker Pro 6.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.