1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 2, 2010 6:51 AM by Frinholp

help with designing a form to collect data to feed into database and pdfing certain bits of database...

EmmaBuczman

Summary

help with designing a form to collect data to feed into database and pdfing certain bits of database for clients to view

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

file maker pro 11

Description of the issue

Hello, I'm brand new to file maker pro 11 and have put together a database for my productions company which has fields that include pictures, stats, personal details, video links etc.  I've also  created an extra layout for clients which only displays some of this info/ pics which i can pdf to send out on request?

Next I would like to put together a registration form so that performers can input their data/ upload pictures.  This can eihter be done online ( i have a website) or I could email them the form and then drag and drop it in the database on them returning it to me.  I'm not sure which would be easier? when i've looked up importing data I can only see excel speadsheets and not sure if there is any other way to do it as i really wanted a type of form for the performers to see so it looks a littel more professional?

Many thanks
      Emma