Summary

Help! File Sharing

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Windows

Description of the issue

I am attempting to simply share a file between two users; me and someone else. I set-up the file, so does that automatically make me the Admin? So I clicked the button to "share" the file, went on the other persons computer and clicked "share" on her system. What else do I need to do so we can both access the file at the same time with full access?

Expected result

Two people share the the same file at the same time with full access.

• 1. Re: Help! File Sharing
          philmodjunk

A "button" to share the file?

With the file open on your computer, select Sharing | FileMaker Network.

Click Network Sharing: On

Select your file in the list shown below this radio button by clicking it.

Then Click "All Users".

Your coworker need not access this section at all.

With your file open on your computer, other users on your local area network should now be able to access your database by launching fileMaker and using Open Remote. This option opens a dialog that should list all computers on the network, with FileMaker Launched that have sharing turned on. Click such a "host" computer and any files open on that computer that have sharing enabled as I described above should appear in a list so the user can select and open the database file on their computer.

PS. This section of the forum is intended for reporting possible software bugs. A question of this type should be posted to the FM Pro Forum (see tab at top of this screen) where it will be seen by many more fellow users and thus you get help from more people.

If you are reading this post as email, please do not use email to reply as the email will not appear in the forum. Any follow up questions should be entered directly into the Post A Answer box below the last message thread.