Latest reply on Aug 19, 2015 by TSGal

Summary

Hide Object stops value lists from popping at random

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

FMPA v14.0.1 (64-bit)

Operating system version

Windows Server 2008 64-bit (used as remote desktop)

Description of the issue

I was using dynamic value lists (and other normal FMP values lists) in various pop-ups in a data entry layout and everything worked as always. The sequence of selection was 1.ProjectCategory > 2.Subcategory > 3.ProjectName > 4.Component. Each step used magic value trigger scripts to limit user options in subsequent fields. OnObjectExit script copied values to local table. Last trigger script created temporary component(s) in a related table visible in a portal.

I didn't want some fields and the portal to be visible until I had selected all four of the above fields. For these I used Hide Object if a field in the component table was empty (Asset_Id).

Now as expected it all works to start with but as I test data entry in various conditions, after some time the pop-ups STOP working everywhere in the database!! That has me stumped.

Has anyone come across this behaviour? May be unrelated but I also noticed the FMPA application memory increase from 128M to 1GB when it had stopped popping up the lists.

Expected result

The problems goes away after a restart of FMPA then returns after some time.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

No error message

Workaround

I have removed all the Hide Object conditions and am testing the database to see if I can reproduce the symptom without the envisaged invisibility.

Outcomes