Summary

Home file converts to Unix executable file on start up or re-start

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

10.0v3

Operating system version

Description of the issue

For some bewildering reason my Home file changes automatically to a unix executable file on startup or re-start. My duplicated file changes as well.

Steps to reproduce the problem

I phoned support yesterday and we deleted all the prefs for filemaker and that seemed to have fixed the problem. At least Filemaker was opening up which it was not doing yesterday until we deleted the prefs. So this morning I re-started as usual my Mac and there it was UNIX again. I tried opening the file and it did. Then I looked in the folder and the file read filemaker document???? Anybody know what is going on???

Screen_shot_2010-08-20_at_6.30.44_AM.png

• 1. Re: Home file converts to Unix executable file on start up or re-start
          TSGal

Andre Laberge:

Thank you for your post.

I have shown this to other Support Technicians, and no one has ever seen this before.  I know that doesn't help you, but our consensus is that something is corrupt in your system, but we don't know what is causing it, which makes this more frustrating (for us and you)!

I did see that the Home.fp7 has an icon for FileMaker Pro 11.  Did you ever install the trial version of FileMaker Pro 11 on this machine and then remove it?  If you click once on Home.fp7, pull down the File menu and select "Get Info", are you able to change this open with FileMaker Pro 10?  Are there any residual files with a FileMaker Pro 11 icon?

Any other information you can provide may be helpful in narrowing down this cause.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.