fmdataweb

Summary

Hosts not saving on FileMaker Go

Product

FileMaker Go

Version

Operating system version

Description of the issue

I'm using FileMaker Go 13.0.8 on my iPad. I'm clicking the Hosts icon then clicking the Add Host button, then entering the host IP address/name and clicking Save.

I then open one of the hosted files and when I've finished I close the file.

When I go back to Hosts on the iPad later on the server is no longer listed even though I saved it - I then have to go through the cumbersome process of entering the host IP/name again.

Steps to reproduce the problem

1. open FileMaker Go on the iPad and clicks the Hosts button
      2. click the Add Host button
      3. enter the host IP address/name and click Save
      4. open database on new host and close file
      5. return to Hosts button on FileMaker Go home screen and new host that was saved at step 3 is not listed

Expected result

Host that has been saved appears in list of Hosts

Actual result

No saved Hosts appear - on local FileMaker servers on the same network

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

n/a

Workaround

n/a

• 1. Re: Hosts not saving on FileMaker Go
          Benjamin Fehr

I must confirm. Same for me.

• 2. Re: Hosts not saving on FileMaker Go
            TSGal

stevej:

Thank you for your post.

The Hosts button displays all hosts on the local network.  There is no "Favorite Hosts" button like FileMaker Pro.  Any new host added by the "Add Host" button will be displayed at the top after tapping "Recent".

I recommend that you enter this as a suggestion into our Feature Requests web form at:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/contact/feature_request.html

The entries into this web form populate a database that is hosted and monitored by Product Management and Development.  All entries are read, discussed and considered for possible implementation in a future release.  Although I could copy your post and paste it into the web form, there are a couple of contact questions on the form that only you can answer.

TSGal
            FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: Hosts not saving on FileMaker Go
              JeanAnneMayhall

My staff is having the same issue as stevej.

FK 14

Windows 7 Pro DESKTOP
              LAN and WAN FM Server/Hosts

I have set all clients to be able to view files on a local host and a remote server (as we have always done.) All is well, until we have to reboot or FM shuts down (another 14 issue?). When we reopen FM 14, the LAN host and files are listed, but the remote host is gone. (even though it was saved.

We start over.  AM I missing something. Searched documentation.  Nothing jumps out.

JA

• 4. Re: Hosts not saving on FileMaker Go
                TSGal

Jean Anne Mayhall:

Thank you for your post.

The original post was under FileMaker Go 13, and now FileMaker Go 14 does have a "Favorite Hosts" listing under Hosts.

Can you confirm you are using FileMaker Go 14?  What occurs when you tap "Hosts" in the upper left corner?  Is anything listed under "Favorite Hosts"?  Or, is it just "Local Hosts" that are listed?  If the latter, tap the "+" icon and add a new host.  Once added, select and open a database file under that host, close the file, close all files, and exit FileMaker Go.  Relaunch FileMaker Go, tap "Hosts", tap "Hosts" in the upper left corner, and see if there is now a listing for "Favorite Hosts".

Keep me updated with any progress.

TSGal
                FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: Hosts not saving on FileMaker Go
                  JeanAnneMayhall

Hi TS,

Filemaker 14.0.1
                  We are NOT using Filemaker Go. These are desktop clients.
                  Windows 7 Pro

Two remote hosts. One is on the LAN, the other is in another state.
                  We are very familiar with Filemaker, and yes we can did add the remote hosts, favorited and saved.  And all was well. Until we shut down, reboot, etc.  Then, only the LAN host is still visible as a choice. The other remote host is gone.  We have to start all over with naming and assigning it;s IP and saving.

I called your tech team and they suggest that I reinstall. I will try that.

Jean Anne

• 6. Re: Hosts not saving on FileMaker Go
                    TSGal

Jean Anne Mayhall:

Thanks for the clarification.  The title of this thread is "Hosts not saving on FileMaker Go", so I assumed (incorrectly) this was the same issue.

If you continue to have difficulty, call back into Technical Support with the case number assigned to you.  The support technician will continue working with you until it is resolved.

TSGal
                    FileMaker, Inc.