1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 16, 2011 1:30 PM by philmodjunk

How do I recover a login and password for an application I created with the trial version ?

DavidPodlaseck

Summary

How do I recover a login and password for an application I created with the trial version ?

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

MAC OS X 10.7.2

Description of the issue

I began creating an application while using FM11 pro trial version.  I do not remember setting a username and password to open the file.  However now that I have the full version, that particular application is asking me for a username and password, which I have no idea what it is.  The only login and password I set was for the web publish version of the application.  I put a lot of work into this application and don't relish the thought of re-doing it.  I've searched my keychains and can't find anything

• 1. Re: How do I recover a login and password for an application I created with the trial version ?
          philmodjunk

For some reason Comments were closed for your issue report. Did you accidentally select that in the Actions menu?

The only login and password I set was for the web publish version of the application.

Passwords are set on the file, not the application. If you set a password for web publishing, you have set the password on your file for all forms of access, not just the web. Do you remember that password?

For future reference, it's often helpful to keep a backup that does not have any password set on the file when first experimenting with Manage | Security. That way you can toss the file and revert to the unlocked copy if you have trouble opening and using the current copy.

If you really don't think you set any password on the file, try using Admin as the account name and leave the password box empty when logging in. this is the default account created with any new FileMaker file. It will open your file unless someone has changed the account in Manage | Security.