GreyOldMan

Summary

How to install the training material

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Description of the issue

Don't know how to install the training material.

Steps to reproduce the problem

It must be my age. (see user name!)

I've downloaded the electronic FTS (FileMaker Training Series) for FileMaker 12 and received my installation keys.

The download completed correctly, so the dmg thinks its downloaded in its entirety, but there's no installer to continue the process.

Expected result

As per the instructions,
      (for Mac OS X downloads: Once the file has been successfully downloaded, double-click the disk image to begin installation.)
      I've double-clicked on FTS_12.0.1_English.dmg and a new Finder window opens with 3 pdfs, 16 folders and that's it.

I was expecting an install routine that would prompt for an install location and at some stage prompt for the keys. but I'm puzzled as to what I'm supposed to do with the dmg now.

Actual result

There's nothing in the FTS for FileMaker 12 window to run the install routine, just the pdfs and folders. Also I am not being prompted for the admin name and password to allow an install.

From Get Info:
      Kind: Disk Image
      Size: 771.1 MB on disk (771,062,406 bytes)

Open with: DiskImageMounter.app

• 1. Re: How to install the training material

GreyOldMan:

Thank you for the post.

You did everything properly. There will be no installation screen or prompting for a license key. Once the .dmg unpacks and a new Finder window opens with 3 pdfs, and 16 folders, then you use those files. The files you are seeing in the new Finder window are the digital copy of the FileMaker Training Series Book and associated files.

TSFalcon
               FileMaker, Inc.