0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2008 8:04 AM by TSGuy

How to report product issues to FileMaker

TSGuy

Summary

How to report product issues to FileMaker

Description of the issue

We've found that the following information best helps us understand product issues that you report: FileMaker Product(s) involvedOperating System(s) involvedDetailed description of the issueExact steps to reproduce the issueExpected ResultActual ResultExact text of any error message(s) that appearedAny additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issueAny workarounds that you have found  Please see below for an example of how to provide this information:   FileMaker Product(s) involved:FileMaker Pro 9.0v3, FileMaker Server 9.0v3.325 Operating System(s) involved:Mac 10.5.5This does not happen on my Win XP sp3 machines Detailed description of the issue:I have twenty two databases hosted by FileMaker Server 9.   On some of my Mac machines, when I go to File > Open Remote I do not see any hosted database files.  It seems that FileMaker Server is hosting these files since I can access them from different Macs and Windows machines on my network. Exact steps to reproduce the issue:1.  Create a database2.  Verify in File > Manage > Accounts and Privileges > Edit Privilege Set, that the proper Privilege Sets have access to FileMaker Network (fmapp)3.  Upload the database to FileMaker Server4.  Launch FileMaker Pro on a client machine5.  Go to File > Open Remote and click on the Server IP address Expected Result:The hosted databases will appear in the Open Remote window Actual Result:No databases appear in the Open Remote window Exact text of any error message(s) that appeared:N/A Any additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issue:1.  I have verified that port 5003 is open on the 'problem' Mac machines via Network Utility > port scan2.  I tried hosting a database from a FileMaker Pro app and still came across this issue3.  I have no problem accessing these files via Instant Web Publishing Any workarounds that you have found:I have discovered that replacing the server.pem file with a working copy has solved the issue