1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 14, 2009 2:18 PM by TSGal

HP P1055dn does not print lines in reports

Yolking2Gether

Summary

HP P1055dn does not print lines in reports

Description of the issue

I am having problems printing lines in FMPro10 with my brand new HP P1055dn printer but my colleague's copy of FMPro10 prints just fine (my copy is an online upgraded copy of v. 9 while the other is a "new" copy that came out of a v. 10 box). Everything printed fine from the datebase using our old networked HP1200 series printer but now using its replacement I cannot print any FMPro 10 reports which contain any form of line from my computer--the printer crashes, printing the report:PCL XL error          Subsystem: KERNEL          Error:     IllegalTag          Operator:  PassThrough          Position:  ##(Where "##" is a two or three-digit number, varying from form to form.)

• 1. Re: HP P1055dn does not print lines in reports
          TSGal

Yolking2Gether:

Thank you for your post.

We discovered a problem with the HP P1006 and HP P1505n printer driver where it may print fine the first time, but the second time, the file crashes.  Your HP P1055dn may be related since it has similar symptoms.

At this time, the workaround is to not use the mouse when the print dialog box appears.  If you use the keyboard, it will print.  Are you able to confirm?  If so, then I'll add this to the other two HP printers.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.