AnsweredAssumed Answered

Huge bug in FileMaker 14: Can no longer see full comments in scripts!!

Question asked by scottworld on Jun 1, 2015
Latest reply on May 20, 2016 by TSGal

Summary

Huge bug in FileMaker 14: Can no longer see full comments in scripts!!

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

14.0.1

Operating system version

Os X 10.0.3

Description of the issue

There is a major, gigantic bug in the new FileMaker 14 that has made it completely impossible for any developer to write scripts in FileMaker 14. Whenever you double-click on a comment line in a script, FileMaker 14 is SUPPOSED TO SHOW YOU THE FULL TEXT OF THE ENTIRE COMMENT. However, this only works about 10% of the time. The other 90% of the time, FileMaker 14 HIDES the full text of the comment, and gives you ABSOLUTELY NO WAY to view the full text of the entire comment. In previous versions of FileMaker, the full text of comments WERE ALWAYS FULLY VISIBLE. But not anymore. Now, FileMaker 14 CUTS OFF THE TEXT OF 90% of the comments. Please see 2 screenshots below. The first screenshot shows you how perfect things used to be in FileMaker 13. The second screenshot shows you how terrible things have become in FileMaker 14. Please fix this bug ASAP!

Screen_Shot_2015-06-02_at_12.50.27_AM.png

Outcomes