1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 30, 2011 11:59 AM by philmodjunk

I have a Filemaker File that suddenly does not print or allow making a PDF.  It is just one file...

RobertHurley

Summary

I have a Filemaker File that suddenly does not print or allow making a PDF.  It is just one file document - other Filemaker documents do not have this problem

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

V 7

Operating system version

Mac OS 10.6.8

Description of the issue

I have a Filemaker File that suddenly does not print or allow making a PDF.
      It is just one file document - other Filemaker documents do not have this problem

• 1. Re: I have a Filemaker File that suddenly does not print or allow making a PDF.  It is just one file...
          philmodjunk

There's multiple ways to get FileMaker to print or generate a PDF. What method are you using?

Did you select Print from the file menu? Save|Send Records as | PDF?

Or are you clicking a button that performs a script?

What does happen when you try this? Nothing at all? The file closes/crashes? Or ?

Since a single file is showing this behavior, unless a script is involved that is changed or encounters a design change that keeps it from working, you may have a damaged file. You can try recovering the file. Even if the recover process doesn't report a problem, test the recovered copy to see if it works for you.

Things to keep in mind about Recover:

1. Recover does not detect all problems
          2. Recover doesn't always fix all problems correctly
          3. Best Practice is to never put a recovered copy back into regular use or development. Instead, replace the damaged file with an undamaged back up copy if this is at all possible. You may have to save a clone of the back up copy and import all data from your recovered copy to get a working copy with the most up to date information possible.