Summary

Image Filepaths Broken between FM 10 and FM 11

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

OS X

Description of the issue

The problem is that some Mac users with FileMaker 11 cannot view images in container fields. This problem only affects Mac users and only some of the FMP 11 users. None of these users had any problem viewing photos in Container fields under FMP 10. I get a file not found error message.

I did discover one clue. If I change the word "imagemac" to "filemac" in the calculation listed below, the file path works in FMP 11. However, it doesn't work for the solution because the image won't display in the container field if filemac is used. As I mentioned, this calculation works correctly in FMP 10.

Case(
      Abs(Get(SystemPlatform)) = 1;
      "imagemac:/Drobo/SuperContainer/Files/AP/Images/" & Image_No & "/" & Image_No & ".jpg";
      "imagewin://68.138.24.52/Drobo/SuperContainer/Files/AP/Images/" & Image_No &"/" & Image_No & ".jpg"
      )

Steps to reproduce the problem

Try to view an image.

Expected result

Images should display exactly the same in FMP 11 as in FMP 10.

Actual result

File not found error message.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

File not found

• 1. Re: Image Filepaths Broken between FM 10 and FM 11
          TSGal

Jon Rosen:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate he problem on both Mac OS X 10.5.8 and Mac OS X 10.6.4.  In each case, imagemac does work for me.

Have you tried this with a fresh database file (not another table in the same database file)?  What plug-ins do you have loaded?  What version of Mac OS X are you using?  Any other information you can provide may be helpful in narrowing down this issue.

If this still fails with a new database file, I would like to see your file.  Please check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send your database file along with one of your JPG files.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.