AnsweredAssumed Answered

Images Disappearing in Container Field (My Solution)

Question asked by ChalesLakes on Aug 17, 2011
Latest reply on Aug 17, 2011 by philmodjunk

Summary

Images Disappearing in Container Field (My Solution)

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Mac OS X 10.6.8

Description of the issue

I have a database that contains a bunch of numbers in regular data fields and "column header images" stored in container fields. I noticed that every time I would close and reopen the database, the IMAGES would be GONE! After reinserting a couple of times, I realized there was something going on. I noticed that I DID NOT have this issue with any other container fields and their images. After reviewing several posts (none of which were helpful), I decided to try a couple of things, because I knew the container fields in question had been set up differently from all of the other container fields that had images.

Specifically, because it was appropriate for these images, I had set these container fields to be "GLOBAL".

Turns out that was the problem. Don't understand why. And now this means that I will have to handle this part of the solution differently, if I cannot use a global container field!

Workaround

For me, this was the solution:

I changed one of the fields to "non-global" and re-inserted images again.

When I close and re-opened database, ALL IMAGES WERE GONE AGAIN, EXCEPT THE ONE THAT WAS *NOT* STORED IN A GLOBAL FIELD.

I had no idea FMP handled images in this fashion in a global field. Still don't understand totally; but this definitely seems to have fixed the problem for meI

Outcomes