1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 17, 2011 4:15 PM by philmodjunk

Images Disappearing in Container Field (My Solution)

ChalesLakes

Summary

Images Disappearing in Container Field (My Solution)

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Mac OS X 10.6.8

Description of the issue

I have a database that contains a bunch of numbers in regular data fields and "column header images" stored in container fields. I noticed that every time I would close and reopen the database, the IMAGES would be GONE! After reinserting a couple of times, I realized there was something going on. I noticed that I DID NOT have this issue with any other container fields and their images. After reviewing several posts (none of which were helpful), I decided to try a couple of things, because I knew the container fields in question had been set up differently from all of the other container fields that had images.

Specifically, because it was appropriate for these images, I had set these container fields to be "GLOBAL".

Turns out that was the problem. Don't understand why. And now this means that I will have to handle this part of the solution differently, if I cannot use a global container field!

Workaround

For me, this was the solution:

I changed one of the fields to "non-global" and re-inserted images again.

When I close and re-opened database, ALL IMAGES WERE GONE AGAIN, EXCEPT THE ONE THAT WAS *NOT* STORED IN A GLOBAL FIELD.

I had no idea FMP handled images in this fashion in a global field. Still don't understand totally; but this definitely seems to have fixed the problem for meI