3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2012 7:36 AM by user15307

Import images does not generate the three-line size, filename, filepath data

PaulRoper

Summary

Import images does not generate the three-line size, filename, filepath data

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

11.0v1

Operating system version

Mac OS 10.6.8

Description of the issue

Hello.

I am creating an image library, and have set up my database to extract the usual size, flename and filepath data:

size:841,595
      movie:newspaper.ai
      moviemac:/Images/Clip Art/newspaper/newspaper.ai

...when I import images (as references) using the GetAsText ( Image ) where Image is the container storing the image. However, Filemaker only sometimes extracts all the data. I have read about this technique only working on images imported as references, not when they're dragged & dropped, but I am importing them as references. Filemaker will happily extract all the data from Adobe Illustrator files and QuickTime movies, but on TIFFs, PSDs and JPGs, just gets the single line filepath such as this:

image:/Images/Clip Art/newspaper/HiResPaper.jpg

It's rather annoying when the majority of my images are TIFFs, PSDs and JPGs!

Steps to reproduce the problem

Create a database with an image container field (called 'picture')and a calculation field (calculation: GetAsText (picture) Result: Text)
      Do File > Import Records...
      select a folder of images to import (as references)
      Set mapping so the Image -> picture and nothing else is mapped
      import

Expected result

The calculation field should display 3 lines like this:

size:800,600
      movie:radio.ai
      moviemac:/Projects/Clip Art/communications/radio.ai

...but this 3 line (desired) result only happens on a selct few filetypes, such as Adobe Illustrator files and QuickTime movies.

Actual result

image:/Projects/Clip Art/communications/GenericDocument.psd

...if the filetype is JPG, TIFF or Photoshop. Which most images are.