3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2010 1:59 PM by TSGal

Import orders : wrong option displayed (Update Existing)

fabriceN

Summary

Import orders : wrong option displayed (Update Existing)

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Mac OS X 10.6

Description of the issue

While selecting a destination table, and if the selected import mode was Update instead of Add records, the radio button control keeps showing the same choice but in fact the choice was reset to Add records, as you can see only after closing the import mapping window.

Steps to reproduce the problem

- creaet a table with a field
      - Create 2 tables occurrences
      - Create a script with an Import step
      - in the import order, choose one of the Update options
      - change the destination table
      - look at the displayed import option (still showing Update...)
      - confirm the import order and close the window
      - look at the script step : it shows "Add".

Expected result

Ideally, the choice should not be reset, but as it's probably harder to do, the displayed option should be reset as well. At least the display should reflect the current selected option.

• 1. Re: Import orders : wrong option displayed (Update Existing)
          LaRetta_1

Thank you for discovering this!  It isn't only a refresh issue - it's dangerous because, when you change the target table and then re-select your desired map and say 'OK' and save your script, you expect your changes to be saved!!  Instead, it reverts to Add (no matter what you specified in the import dialog) at least that is what happens on Windows XP Professional SP2, FMPA 11.0v2.  It works fine in vs. 9 (I don't have 10 on this box to test).

The second time you go back and re-specify your map, it holds but it could really surprise Developers who expect what they set to actually stay when they leave the dialog.  We are preparing for major migration and we will be remapping to new targets.  And now we will have to exit out and go right back in and repeat our specifications on every single import!

• 2. Re: Import orders : wrong option displayed (Update Existing)
            TSGal

FabriceN:

Thank you for your post.

I can replicate the problem with FileMaker Pro 9, 10, and 11 on Mac OS X 10.5.8 and Mac OS X 10.6.4 and with FileMaker Pro 10 and 11 on Windows XP SP3.

I have sent the information to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments for review and confirmation.  I will keep you posted as information becomes available to me.

TSGal
            FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: Import orders : wrong option displayed (Update Existing)
              TSGal

FabriceN:

Our Testing department has confirmed the problem.  No other information is available at this time.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.