11 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2011 4:03 AM by michno

Import script step set to update matching records will not match records when run

michno

Summary

Import script step set to update matching records will not match records when run

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

11 (Advanced)

Operating system version

Mac OS X 10.6 / Win XP SP 3

Description of the issue

In a script (that is supposed to run unattended on a robot computer) the Import records script step is set to update matching records with field naming paring on. If I close and save the script I can later open it again and the settings are retained. The first two fields are set as the matching fields. (See screenshot above red line).
      For testing purposes I have not checked the Perform without dialog box in the script step.

When I run the script it is still set to update matching records, but the field matching has been reset to import. (See screenshot below red line). Thus, records won't be matched and everything will import as new records.

If I run the script with Perform without dialog checked, a message appears saying at least one matching field must be specified. The script then finishes without importing anything (which is better than getting duplicates).

Expected result

Matching records updated on script execution and new records added for non-matching data in source file.

Actual result

Nothing is imported because there is no matching field.

Configuration information

The source file is a FileMaker file (.fp7). The same steps with an Excel file as source works.

Workaround

None

image1.png