2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2009 7:50 AM by Gert

Imported records not shown after import into ODBC

Gert

Summary

Imported records not shown after import into ODBC

Description of the issue

FM adv 10.03 on Windows XP sp3Usually after importing records, the set of new records is shown.After an import into a ODBC/MySQL  table, nothing is shown,while the records are in the table.

• 1. Re: Imported records not shown after import into ODBC
          TSGal

Gert:

Thank you for your post.

I'm a little confused from your post.  Are you importing the records into FileMaker Pro?  Or, are you importing the records into the MySQL table?  It sounds like the latter.  If so, make sure your MySQL table has the permissions to create and edit.  Also, use the same user name with the DSN that was created, and create an External Data Source in FileMaker using the same DSN created with the user account (and privileges).

If you can provide a little more information about the setup and what you are doing, it may be more helpful.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Imported records not shown after import into ODBC
            Gert

The records are succesfully imported into the MySQL table.

But instead of showing the newly added records, no records are visible.

For a moment it looks like FM is going to show the table, I'd guess about the number of rows that I do expect.

In a flash I can see a ? in every field of the top row, then only the bar with column headers remains.

Before I can process the newly imported records, a new find has to be done.