Summary

Importing field

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Windows 7

Description of the issue

I have copied a group of records from my master database, that I have alteret, then wish to import back into the master . I have renamed this partcular group of records a different name. However when I try to import back in to the master database, the new name for this group does not show in the "source" when I am in Import Field Mapping. It just shows the old "master database" name, and there is no listing of the new group of records I wish to import.,

• 1. Re: Importing field
          LaRetta_1

What do you mean that you have "renamed this particular group of records to a different name"?  Are you saying you want to 'duplicate' a set of records within the same table or that you want to take this group of records and import them into a new table within the same file?

• 2. Re: Importing field
            HeidiPatton

Okay I have one database called Master.  I took a group of records from this and called it Monday.  I altered this Monday Group, then I want to import back to Master.  When I copy this back into the Master File, I do Import/File/Monday when I get to the Import Field Mapping Page I cannot select "Monday" from the "Source" scroll screen.  Its not there.  How do I get Filemaker to recognize this Monday File..

I hope this is a better explanation.

Heidi

• 3. Re: Importing field
              TSGal

Heidi Patton:

Thank you for your post.

I'm also a bit confused.  In one sentence, you say you "do Import/File/Monday" which means you select the Monday file, but now the Source is blank?  What type of file is "Monday".  That is, is it a Text file?  FileMaker Pro file?  How large is the file?

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Importing field
                HeidiPatton

Okay here I go again sorry if youre confused.  My FMPro Master file is done daily, when I just add a group of records.  I copied a group of records from the Master, and named it Monday.  Then I have altered the Monday file, and then I want to import this Monday (FMPro) file back into the Master.  When I go to File/Import,  I then look for the "Monday" file in the Source scroll down, its not there.  How do I get FMPro to see this new file I have created?

Thanks in advance.

• 5. Re: Importing field
                  TSGal

Heidi Patton:

Thank you for the clarification.

Be sure you make the "Master" file active.  Then, pull down the File menu and select "Import Records -> File...".  The Monday.fp7 file should then be displayed (assuming it is located in the same folder).  Once you click the file and select "Open", you can then specify the different import options.

If you continue to have difficulty, then open Monday.fp7 followed by Master.fp7 and repeat the above steps.

Please continue to keep me updated with any progress.

TSGal
                  FileMaker, Inc.