Importing file into FileMaker Pro 5 and FileMaker Pro 11

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

5 and 11

Operating system version

Windows XP

Description of the issue

Import a FileMaker file into another FileMaker file.  Set to import update matching fields with add new records matching against a unique serial number.

Source file contains 39 records, resulting import contains 78 records.  Have looked around for cause and cannot pin down what is making it do this.  It did the same thing on both both FileMaker 5 and FileMaker 11.

FileMaker Pro 5 is running on FileMaker Server 5, and FileMaker Pro 11 is running on FileMaker Server 11.

Any thoughts would be great, so far there appears no rhyme or reason for this.

Steps to reproduce the problem

1. Import a filemaker file of the appropriate version extention.

2. Select Matching Fields with update matching records, adding new records (For Unmatched), note down number of records in source file (i.e. 39 Records to be imported)

3. Run the import, Look at and sort the results of import in step two.  Note Number of Records (i.e. 78 records imported).  When Sorted it appears it imported each record twice.

Expected result

Look at and sort the results of import in step two.  Note Number of Records (i.e. 78 records imported).  When Sorted it appears it imported each record twice.

Configuration information

Have replicated the problem on both FileMaker Pro 5 file hosted by FileMaker Server 5 and FileMaker Pro 11 hosted on FileMaker Server 11.

The Client machine doing the import is running Windows XP Pro

File Maker 5 Server is on a Windows XP Pro Machine, FileMaker Server 11 is on a machine running Windows 7 Pro.

Workaround

None

Outcomes