Thank you for your post.
When importing the Excel file, make sure there is an arrow next to the Email field. Otherwise, it will not import.
Here is an easy test....
1. In Excel, create a blank spreadsheet/worksheet.
2. Across the top row, enter three columns: Last Name, First Name, Email
3. In the second row, enter your last name, first name, and email address
4. Save the file as "test.xlsx"
5. Open the Contact Management file.
6. Pull down the File menu and select "Import Records -> File..."
7. Select text.xlsx, and place Last Name field next to Name_Last, First Name field next to Name_First, and Email next to Email. Make sure there are arrows between the fields. Click Import.
Your email field should now be displayed.
Let me know if you need clarification for any of the above steps.
Also, make sure you enable the auto-enter option so each imported contact is assigned a unique serial number during import. Otherwise you won't be able to use the notes feature.