Importing photos from Bento4

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

11.0v4

Operating system version

OSX Lion

Description of the issue

Fields with photos (jpegs, etc) did not come over when importing Bento4 database.  How do I get those files over to FM11?

Steps to reproduce the problem

Import Database

Expected result

Fields with jpegs, etc. should come over

Actual result

Fields with photos did not come over

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

No error message

Configuration information

Lion OSX - latest version
      Filemaker 11 - latest version
      Bento 4 - latest version

• 1. Re: Importing photos from Bento4
          philmodjunk

Is it possible to export the photos as separate image files to a folder?

• 2. Re: Importing photos from Bento4
            TSGal

Mark Moore:

Thank you for your post.

At this time, the importing of a Bento Data Source will not import binary data.  Therefore, the Media field contents cannot be imported.

However, when files are dragged into a Media field, the file is copied into the Bento database bundle bento.bentodb.  FileMaker Pro will allow you to import images into a FileMaker Container field in batch mode from a folder.  The Library image files are stored in the folder:

bento.bentodb -> Contents -> Resources -> Assets

Although all the images will be imported into separate records, you will still need to associate the image files with the correct Bento record.

TSGal
            FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: Importing photos from Bento4
              KevinSiddons

Are you kidding!!!!

I've got to import 670 records with photos from Bento into FileMaker Pro. Can't you create an automated method to accomplish this? I'm a longtime user of Bento AND FileMaker. Now that you are killing off Bento, I must make a shift to FileMaker. Please automate this process.

Dr. Siddons

• 4. Re: Importing photos from Bento4
                Markus Schneider

the new migration-tool, available from the FMI-website, will import photos IMHO.

Photos are the easy part.. there are ID's in the SQLite DB - can be done manually as well (You're right - the migration could be easier and more complete. The FileMaker built-in meccano will not import photos..)