jake

Summary

In Layout or browse mode, clicking on a layout takes me to another layout

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

FMPA 12 and FMP 12 accessing a file remotely on FMSA 12

Operating system version

Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise and windows 7 (any machine)

Description of the issue

When clicking on a layout from the drop down layout menu on the status toolbar in either layout mode or browse mode, I get taken to a different layout and I have to use the back and forward layout button to take me to the layout I want.

I do not have any layout or script triggers on any of my layouts, I have tried it from different computers using FMP or FMPA and the same issue applies. I have tried it from fmpa on my server as well and still no luck.

I have tried to open the script debugger and navigated to the menu and it takes me to the incorrect layout and nothing appears in the script debugger.

I am not sure if this is because I have 290 layouts, it used to work fine when I had fewer layouts, its just seems the extra layouts have suddenly caused this issue.

Steps to reproduce the problem

create many layouts and from the layout menu, navigate between layouts.
      I will gladly provide you with remote access to my file so you can see the issue I am having. It is a simple navigation that doesn't work.

Expected result

Should navigate to the layout I clicked on

Actual result

Navigates to a completely different one.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

No error message, landing page is wrong.

Configuration information

I have changed the order of the layouts and created folders and it seems to change the layout it keeps navigating to if I change the order of my layouts, still lands on incorrect layout.

Workaround

Using the back and forward navigation buttons to navigate to the correct layouts.